Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Wrap-Up

I read three books this month! I also finished my AP US history text book (all 921 pages of it) and started another book.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas was spectacular, but I already wrote about it here so I'm not going to go into depth. 

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson was amazing. Amazing doesn't do it justice, but I don't know how else to describe it. The writing was so easy to read, and I read it so quickly. I fell in love with a lot of the characters, and though it wasn't a perfect book (at times, I wasn't a fan of Taylor and Henry's romance) I liked it enough to grant it 4 starts on Goodreads.

Lastly, I read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Sallinger. I really didn't like it. Holden was too unlikable, and his narrating seemed too unreliable. The ending was good-ish but it ended too soon. No wrap-up, no explanation, no Jane Gallagher. Overall, pretty disappointing.

In addition, I started Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson and I'm eternally grateful to BookTube for suggesting this to me. I'm blown away by the plot and world building. I haven't been reading it for a few days, but I've been busy with homework. Hopefully I can get to it tonight for awhile.

Next, I plan on reading An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Maybe I'll tune into the Booksplosion discussion taking place next weekend.

On a similar note, it's Book Expo America this weekend, and I'm sad because there's no place I'd rather be. Alas, I am stuck in the cool and rainy Midwest. Perhaps someday.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
current music : lose it : oh wonder : oh wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment