Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer TBR (or Rather, a Lack Thereof)

Summer is a time of spontaneity. It is a time of not planning. It is a time perfect for deciding on the spot. 

That is why I am officially not giving myself a firm summer TBR. 

Of course there are books I would love to read this summer. Things I've had for awhile or things I want to purchase but don't have money for yet. But it's important I make my decision of what to read next only after I finish a book. 

This past week, I plowed through Mistborn: The Final Empire. Spontaneity lead me to drive to Barnes & Nobles, pick up a copy of The Well of Ascension, and start reading the sequel early the next day. All school year, I loved for the freedom to make choices like these; I was sick of the meticulous planning of what I'd do and when. Now, I don't need to worry anymore. Now I just read. 

I think that's the way I need things to be for now. Because as long as I'm reading, I'm happy. It doesn't really matter what I'm reading so much as I'm making the most of my summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment